Membership in the KMC is for a calendar year (January 1 to December 31) and includes membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC. Annual dues are:
- $38 for single memberships
- $66 for a family of two adults and $8 for each additional member (19 years and younger)
Become a member of the KMC and enjoy these benefits
- Access to our trip and course schedule
- Our newsletter, the Kootenay Mountaineer
- Discounts at selected local outdoor stores - in Nelson at Boomtown Sports, Gericks, ROAM, Snowpack, Valhalla Pure, in Rossland at Powderhound, and in Trail at Gerick Sports
- A 30% discount at Beauly Specialty Foods makers of freeze dried foods
- The opportunity to attend one of our week long climbing, hiking or ski camps
- The enjoyment of outings in the mountains with an amiable bunch of people!
Since membership is based on a January through December year, if you miss things over the summer because you haven't joined, we are offering that if you become a new member after September 30th, we'll boost your membership to cover the next year. What a deal! 15 months for the price of 12! But seriously, why wait? Do it now.
Membership by mail is still available. Download and print the membership form. At the present time, the printed membership form is the only method of including young adults in the membership. Fill out the form and sign the waiver with a witness. Send your completed form with a cheque made out to Kootenay Mountaineering Club to:KMC Membership
P.O. Box 3195
Castlegar, BC V1N 3H5